Sunday, February 3, 2008

a brand new day, a novel concept

Well, hey there! It's Superbowl Sunday and my very first post in my very um... second blog! Although technically I'm not sure the one I had 8 years ago and only posted in 3 times counts. Anyhoo, I thought in this first post I'd just tell a little bit about myself and what this blog will entail. So, here goes. I am a woman, (although a fairly new one who frequently forgets and refer to herself as a girl). I'm a temporarily misplaced Lost Angeleno who intends to be back there by the end of the year. A film school graduate hoping to make filmmaking a career. (You can check out my thesis film here: blackbird-films.com) I lean towards the indie/character study/drama in my own work but love all kinds of movies in general. I like anything involving time travel. And in that same vein I like sci-fi/fantasy stuff such as Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Lost and Harry Potter. I'm a moderate to liberal Democrat. Currently I'm on the Obama bandwagon. (Get Obama stuff I made here: Obama for President Merchandise) I work for a non-profit and am really into giving back and all things charitable. I write, direct, act, edit, and produce. I am planning on shooting my first feature this late spring/early summer. I am a techno geek who is in love with her shiny new laptop even if it does have vista. I play the Sims 2 sometimes, although not lately. I am looking forward to the new expansion pack though! I also love photoshop and designing t-shirts and other stuff for my cafepress shop.

This blog will be part of my website, novelconcept.net once I get it up and running. Things you can expect to see in this blog. Things I've edited, (music videos, trailers, other random things), things I've made (cafepress designs, random things, who knows maybe even some Sims stuff), rants about the paprazzi, politics, the state of the industry/world, funny/interesting/heartbreaking things I've stumbled upon on the web, strange questions that I would really like the answer to, insight into the life of a struggling artist, opinions on everything, and other stuff I can't think of right now.

And now to close this very long and rambling post, some random shout outs. Rest in peace, Heath. Get well soon, Britney! Welcome back, NKOTB! And some pimpage. This is a St. Patrick's Day t-shirt I made that I'm especially proud of. It's covered in lipstick kisses adn says "I'm Irish! Who's next?" Perfect to wear this St. Patrick's Day!:


covered in kisses - I'm Irish! Who's next?

The design is available on a lot of different shirts, but I like the baseball jersey the best. Get it here at my shop: Novel Concept.

No comments: