Saturday, February 16, 2008

Who would Jesus Hate? (t-shirt and musings)

So I just found out that the Westboro Baptist Church (http://www.godhatesfags.com) home of all things evil, (think of the crazy motherf*ckers that picket the funerals of dead soldier claiming that God "hates F*gs" - how they manage to relate this to soldiers who lost their lives defending this country is beyond me) is coming to a town near me!

Article here.

They're taking time out of their busy schedule to send a dozen or so protesters to picket a high school production of the Matthew Shepard play "The Laramie Project". Because we should stop teenagers from promoting and learning about tolerance at all costs! OMG. They make me ill, they really do. In general, I'm not a public protest kinda girl. Not that I wouldn't, I suppose, but nothing has really riled me up enough to get out there with signs and whatnot. These people though just might make me get off my moderately-flabby-but-not-really-fat ass. I even designed a bunch of t-shirts and buttons to wear if I do. They say Who Would Jesus Hate? Although I think the irony would be lost on them. They might even think I'm on their side!

Check it out:
Who Would Jesus Hate? Who Would Jesus Hate? button

These shirts and lots of other cool (IMHO) stuff can be found at my store Novel Concept

No comments: